Happy Accidents

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I don't ABC the big deal...

The only network I don't watch anything on is ABC. Yeah, I know it's the home to Alias, Desperate Housewives, Lost and Grey's Anatomy, but none of those shows ever really appealed to me. All the successful shows on the network require you to pay a lot of attention. I usually don't dig those shows until and unless they hit DVD. ABC doesn't have a CSI or a Law and Order that can let you hop in and out of the show with little or no consequence.

You'd think it'd be a no-brainer for the network, but this is the channel that didn't even want to make "Lost" in the first place and that passed on Survivor, The Apprentice and CSI. In fact, they owned CSI at one point, only to sell it to Alliance Atlantis once it moved on to CBS.

I'm not arguing with the success that have had, but I'm almost positive that the success of the shows that are booming for the network now aren't for the long-run. Alias is falling-off and Jennifer Garner is soon off to become a mom and movie star. Lost is the kind of Twin Peaksian show that booms quickly but then gets bogged down in its own confusing mythology. Desperate Housewives can only last so long before one hausfrau kills another. So it would make sense for the powers that be to come up with a possible ol' faithful.

And then maybe I could tune into their channel, if only for an hour a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home