Happy Accidents

Monday, May 16, 2005

Peacock Front and Center

NBC announced their fall lineup today in New York. The biggest two surprises were the shows that weren't on it: Law and Order:Trial By Jury and Scrubs.

TBJ was thought to be a lock by USA Today not a month ago, but apparently NBC decided they didn't want to pay the huge license fee to itself (Well, their production arm) to fund another season. Instead, they went with a shows about a fertility clinic called Inconceivable. You can look forward to that one with Ming Na this fall.

Scrubs was a big surprise. It's not cancelled, it's stuck on the midseason replacement bench. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. I thought they'd try to find it an audience on another night. They still might, depending on when they deploy it and what NBC comedy fails first.

The Apprentice is now on two nights a week. Wednesdays has the Martha Stewart version and Donny Trump is on at his regular slot on Thursdays (the third day). I don't know if this is such a good idea. I see Who Wants to Be a Millionaire-like fatigue already and there's only one series of Apprentice on the air now.

I can see the headline now: "NBC to Trump: 'You're fired!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home